RUN for LB Mencap at the Rushmere parkrun
Are you a keen runner that likes to run for sponsorship?
Perhaps you'd like to beat your personal best for a good cause?
Do you wish to add some volunteering to your CV?
In celebration of LB Mencap’s 50th anniversary, we plan to participate in the Rushmere parkrun on Saturday 28th September 2019 by providing volunteers and runners. You could be a marshall, timekeeper or bar code scanner. Or you could dust off your running gear and take part in the run, raising some money for LB Mencap by getting family and friends to sponsor you.
The volunteer roles we are planning to fill on the day are as follows:
- 5 Marshals - who will be standing at key points on the course during the run to make sure the runners know where to go and to make the run organisers aware of any problems.
- 2 Bar code scanners - all runners and volunteers will be allocated a bar code (you get it by logging on to the parkrun website) and this will be scanned in on the day of the run so that all taking part are identified.
- 2 Timekeepers - who will help with recording the times of the runners as they finish.
- 2 Tailwalkers - who will walk round the course when the run is over, to make sure all the runners have finished and no one is still left on the course.
- 1 Finish Token Helper - who will hand out finish token to runners as they come over the finishing line. The finish tokens are then used to record each runner's time for the run.
If you would like to register your interest in supporting us, either as a volunteer or a runner, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us on 01280 821493.
To participate as a runner, and to get full details of the parkrun, you'll also need to register at www.parkrun.org.uk/rushmere to get your bar code, but please do let us know if you intend to run for sponsorship so we can send you a fundraising pack and details of our Just Giving page.
Date: Saturday 28th September 2019
Location: Rushmere Country Park, Linslade Road, Heath & Reach
Time: 8.00am (volunteers) / 9.00am (run)
For tickets or more information, please get in touch by email or call 01280 821493.